CHARITABLE DONATION REQUESTS
Thank you for reaching out to Schnucks and thinking of us for your upcoming fundraising event. Since the declaration of the COVID-19 national emergency announcement and to align with social mandates by local government, we have taken similar precautions and are discouraging storefront events as well as donations to community fundraising events. Although we are not accepting applications for donations or solicitations currently, we encourage you to check back as we will re-open the application process soon. Thank you to all of our nonprofit partners for supporting the communities we serve.
Schnucks is proud to make charitable donations to nonprofit organizations that are working to strengthen our communities. We donate only to organizations that are IRS-designated 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
What kinds of donations does Schnucks provide?
The vast majority of our donations are in the form of a gift card or product from our stores. Examples of a Schnucks donation might include: a $25 gift card for a raffle or silent auction item for your organization’s fundraising event, a small gift card to put towards the purchase of food for your event, or product such as bottled water or fresh fruit to be used at your event or grocery bags to be used at a food pantry. Our donation application includes space for you to tell us more about your event.
Please be aware that there are certain types of events and donation requests that we do not grant:
What are the requirements for my organization to be considered for a donation from Schnucks?
- Requests for cash, grants, or monetary sponsorships
- Requests for alcohol donations
- Requests supporting political events, golf tournaments, galas, celebration/appreciation/recognition events, seminars, conferences, workshops, or reunions
- Fundraisers or benefits for individuals/families and/or events in memory of individuals/families (We can, however, support qualified 501(c)(3) agencies that may be working to provide assistance to those individuals/families.)
- Third-party fundraisers
In addition to ensuring that your organization or event is not listed above as an event that we do not support, the below requirements must also be met:
- Your organization must be an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) nonprofit. You will be required to attach your organization's 501(c)(3) IRS Determination letter to your request. (Here is a sample 501(c)(3) letter.) You will also be required to include your nonprofit organization's Employer Identification Number. Applications that do not include the IRS Determination letter and the Employer Identification Number will be auto-declined.
- Your online application must be received at least 90 days in advance of your requested event date.
Please be aware that if your organization has received a donation from Schnucks in the past twelve months, it may decrease the likelihood of an additional request being approved.
How does my 501(c)(3) apply for a donation?
All donation requests must be submitted online, and your online application must be received at least 90 days in advance of your event date.
- To ensure that your organization and/or event is eligible for consideration, please read the above guidelines about the types of donations Schnucks provides and our requirements.
- Make sure you have your 501(c)(3) letter available. You will need to submit it during the application process.
- Make sure you have a valid email address. You will need one during the application process.
- Follow the steps below:
- If this is your first time applying for a donation from Schnucks: On the top left of this page, click 'Register,' then follow the steps to create an account. After registering, you will receive an email with a link that will allow you to log in for the first time. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email to your safe recipient list. If you don't see the email in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder.
- If you have previously applied for a donation from Schnucks: Click the 'Login' button at the top right corner of this page, enter your existing username and password, and complete the online application.
Who can I contact with questions?
If you need technical support (such as help with logging into the site, resetting your password, or other technical issues), click the orange button on the bottom-right corner of your screen that says "Support."
For other questions related to the application or the donation policy, contact the Schnucks Community Engagement team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 314-994-4438.